Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The French "Bread" Connection :-)

This was a moment that you would have actually had to grab yourself to keep from peeing your pants WHILE trying to stifle the laughter . .. Let me elaborate :-) My fiance' didn't have to work his shift last night and decided to cook dinner after I sent word with my daughter that spaghetti (AKA busketti) sounded good for a nasty rainy night in.    He went to the store and got the stuff needed and began cooking, I'm just finishing at work and head home to find him in the kitchen cooking like a fiend. Although I wanted to offer up some suggestions that would make things go alot easier, I refrained so as not to appear as trying to control or takeover.  You know, maybe you ought to wait to cook the noodles after the sauce is simmering and brown the french bread LAST.  Nope, I proceeded to clean off the dining room table and get ready for a rare sit down meal.

     We (my girls & I) steer clear of the kitchen while dinner is being prepared only to hear a very loud expletive coming from the kitchen.  It was semi heart stopping so we jumped up and ran in the kitchen only to find that he had forgotten about the bread and it had turned not toasty brown, and  not dark brown (still okay to eat) but it was BLACK!  My girls and I just looked at each other with that raised eyebrow - deer in the headlights stare and said nothing.  We watched as he snatched the tray out of the oven, turned and proceeded to fly out of the back door and sling the bread (or semblance thereof) into the yard!!! or so we thought.  As he came back in I told him to take a break and I would throw some toast together and it would be okay.

     So... I was standing at the counter buttering and garlicking the bread and my oldest daughter comes up beside me, I could feel her looking at me like "what the heck just happened and should we laugh" look and then my body just started wrenching with the silent laughter shakes LOL!! Hoping to God that he didn't come back in the kitchen to find us giggling silently BUT he walks in and my back is to him and he said "You laughing?"  I could tell he wanted to be mad (and he was) but he had to laugh because only crap like that happens to him.  He looked like a little kid standing there  pouting because he is an eater and wants exactly what he wants to eat and if it isn't what he wants, he just isn't going to be satisfied with a stand in.  

    That ain't all.   After the tension was broken (slightly) my girls and I step out the back door to see where the projectiles ended up and to our shock and amazement, most of them made it to the street! we started laughing so hard, because the few cars that had come by sounded like they had run over a big stick or something! It's just something that couldn't die down quickly - it took a few hours to eventually settle down - BUT will not be forgotten! LOL

     Climbing into bed I started chuckling to myself and he just looked at me with no better description than a "shit eating" grin, because he knew exactly what I was humored by :-)

One very needed laugh in a day of our crazy lives. Everybody needs one :-) 

1 comment:

Lothiriel said...

LOL!!!
I love cooking disasters like these!!! I am one of those that are cooking challenged, so I have episodes like these all the time...hehehehe...!