Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ain't Nothing Like Randomness

Where to begin . . . sometimes you just have to stop and laugh at some moments (another way of stopping and smelling the roses) like the other day, we were watching Armageddon, one of my most favorite movies :-)  and my youngest daughter proceeded to inquire about NASA. "is there more than one??" Me, "yes, the shuttle usually takes off from one site, usually Florida, is tracked by Mission Control in Houston, and where it lands depends on what window they are attempting to meet, and that might just be in California."  And with total innocence and suprise said "Ohhhh! so THAT's why they say "Houston we have a problem"" Honestly, I couldn't move or utter a sound, I could only stare and had this frozen raised eyebrow thing going on.  Then I would say 10 seconds had gone by and then the laughter took me over! She grins and says "Mom! I didn't know!!"  Okay, we only watch this movie EVERY time it comes on - I know most of the dialogue and could utter just about every word in my sleep (yes - pitiful I know)  It might have been one of those "you had to be there" moments, but moments worth savoring. 

Hopefully, as I get into those really golden years, it's times like those I won't forget and can dwell on those, especially when everything else is gone - hair, health, teeth, men, friends, etc. LOL  

I'm sure my child will appreciate me blogging this, oh well - they always get over it :-)  She knows her quirks (AKA blonde moments) keep me going :-)

1 comment:

Esmé Squalor said...

Wow, what an epic blog that I never would have thought would have existed! Sweet!